Last updated: 2016-01-07
We are Curated Lifestyle Holdings Limited (referred to as "we", “us”, “our” and “Esensual Living”) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you are visiting any website operated by us including without limitation the website at www.esensualliving.com , www.esensualliving.co.uk and www.esensualliving.fr (the “Website”), using our services or communicating with us.
This policy, together with the Terms of Supply and other policies (which can be found at the bottom of the Website), explains what types of personal and non-personal data we collect, or you provide to us, when you use the Website and the basis on which such data will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Curated Lifestyle Holdings Limited, JAG SHAW BAKER, BERNERS HOUSE, 47-48 Berners Street, London, United Kingdom, W1T 3NF (company number: 09511550).
Personal data we may collect from you?
Esensual Living may collect the following personal data from you:
1. Data you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website, for example when you register to use our Website, take part in competitions, prize draws or surveys, subscribe to our services or place an order for a product, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, billing and delivery address.
2. Information we may collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- information about your visits to and use of the Website (including without limitation your referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation and search terms that you use); and
- technical information (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system).
3. Information from other sources:We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use personal information?
Esensual Living may use your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) To serve website content to you in the most effective manner
(b) To handle orders, deliver products, process payments and refunds and provide statements
(c) To communicate with you about your orders and other matters related to your use of the Website
(d) To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
(e) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details
(f) For our statistical or survey purposes to improve our site and its services to you
(g) To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
(h) To contact you by email, post, or telephone, to ask you for feedback and comments on our services
(i) If you consent, to notify you by email of our products, news, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you.
For payment reasons, Esensual Living will need to collect your credit or debit card data. However, Esensual Living will not collect this payment information directly, as the payment will be handled by third party payment processors.
All payment information is sent through encrypted servers (SSL/HTTPS) to our payment processor. You can easily ensure the security of your transaction by checking that the internet access in the address bar begins with ’https: / /’ (normal traffic always passes through http://.)
Direct marketing - How to unsubscribe
We always provide you with the opportunity to opt in (when signing up to our newsletter by ticking the appropriate box during registration, or separately on our newsletter sign up page if you don’t want to place any order yet) to marketing communications via email.
You can opt-out by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you've received. Alternatively you can send an email to customer service at email@example.com.
Who processes your information?
1. Disclosure of information within Esensualliving: Esensual Living limits access to your personal data to employees who reasonably need to process such information as described under this policy.
2. Disclosure of information to third parties: Esensual Living may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
- other members of its group (which means our subsidiaries, our parent company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) for marketing purposes or logistic purposes;
- carefully selected service providers and agents who made this Website, its content and its services and who operate elements of such Website and process data on our behalf; or
- our contractual partners who are in charge of distribution, payment and delivery of our products.
3. Disclosure of information to third parties: Esensual Living may also disclose your information:
- in the event Curated Lifestyle Holdings Limited or substantially all of its business or assets are acquired by a third party; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Curated Lifestyle Holdings Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we store your personal data?
Esensual Living shall not transfer any personal data to a country situated outside the European Economic Area, unless:
- the country is recognised as offering adequate standards of protection;
- we have put in place adequate safeguards, including the implementation of standard contractual provisions which are approved as providing adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy; or
- we have carried out a risk assessment of the transfer and have determined that adequate protections are available.
What do we do to safeguard personal information?
We have implemented safeguards and procedures to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorised access and undue disclosure, for example We use authentication procedures internally and with our external service providers, encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layer (SSL). We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make this Website and its contents available to you, and to fulfill your orders and requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Website and our visitors.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Right of access and rectification
The Act gives you the right to access and request a correction of information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Your rights can be exercised in accordance at any time by contacting us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Esensual Living wishes to make material changes to the way we use your personal information, we will ask for your consent before we do so.